The Ledford's

The Ledford's
Shane, Ashley, Brennley, Amelia & Hudson

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Disney on Ice

Last weekend, Shane and I took the girls to Disney on Ice or what they called Princesses on Ice. The show was great but what was even better was their reactions to the entire experience. I L-O-V-E watching them experience something that gets them soooo excited. It was a moment I will never, ever forget and a moment that will always make me giggle!
A couple quick stories from the show...

Story #1
When we got to our seats, Brennley started crying. I thought she might have been a little scared since we were on the second level. When I asked her what was wrong, she pointed and said, "Down there Mommy, down there!" She wanted to be down by the ice. It broke my heart but she quickly discovered all the sites and sounds of the show and was happy. Shane had to reassure me that we were in good seats. We had the row to ourselves, easy access to the vendors (that's another story), restrooms and even had a little storage behind us for our "stuff." :)

Story #2
My favorite part of the show was when Minnie and Mickey were on stage. I didn't expect them there since it was a Princess show. However, in our house, Minnie is the "Official Princess" of Disney. Anyways, to start the show, Minnie, Mickey, Donald and Goofy took the ice. I thought that Brennley and Amelia were going to jump off the second level and join them on the ice. They got so excited. I didn't expect the amount of enthusiasm from them but it was the funniest thing I have seen in awhile. Watch!


(It's pretty dark but you can hear their excitement! It was just filmed on an iphone.)

Story #3
While walking in, we passed several vendors with all the fancy princess toys, shirts and treats. Of course, the girls wanted one of each. We settled for 2 shaved ice cups with Rapunzel on it. They enjoyed it throughout the entire show. After the second half started, Shane leaned over and asked, "Do you think I should go get them something?" I thought, sure a little something won't hurt. Well, he came back with a Disney on Ice bag with 2 tiara's that have long braided Rapunzel hair attached. The girls were thrilled. Later I found out the cost - holy cow! Now I know why Disney can be the most magical place on earth! :)

We can't wait to go some day but will have to save every penny we have until then!

Here are a few pictures from the show:

Pre-Show (Amelia, left and Brennley, right)


Our Princesses


Ready to head to the show!


Note: Brennley crying. She wanted to go down by the ice!


The show from Shane's perspective. :)


Princess and the Frog!


Cinderella!


In awe!


Brennley passed out from all the excitement!


Amelia, aka Rapunzel, passed out from all the excitement!


Have a wonderful weekend! We are off to the EPIC CENTER OF AWESOME - The Super Bowl Experience and NFL Experience. Should be a lot of fun!

Love,
The Ledfords

No comments: