The Ledford's

The Ledford's
Shane, Ashley, Brennley, Amelia & Hudson

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

25.5 Weeks - Doctor Appointment

Greetings from the Ledford residence!
Shane and I went to see the doctor today and are happy to say that it was a GREAT appointment. The babies are growing just like they should (and so is Momma, as Shane said)!
Overall, I am feeling really good. The babies are moving around all the time which is truly amazing. I remember my sister and friends trying to explain the feeling but it is something that one can't explain.
I do understand after today's appointment why twins are so unique and 'close.' This is because they are sharing space, a very small space, for nearly 9 months. They are literally nose-to-nose and their body parts are wrapped around each other. This is normal according to Dr. Tetter. But I know that is why twins relationships are so very unique.
Dr. Tetter said that we will not go beyond week 37 so the babies will probably deliver the first week in October. Hopefully we'll be ready! :)
Here are a few pictures of the Ledford twins.
Baby A
Baby BTogether (bodies and arms - one baby is on top of the other but both are head down)

We are still figuring out names. I always knew that naming a child would be very difficult for me. I think that it is just as hard for Shane AND we get to name two at once.
That reminds me... Aiden, my sisters little, well, not so little, guy makes me smile so much. I got to see him this weekend and I think that he is REALLY excited about the babies. We were at a wedding reception and he didn't know very many people there. My family was talking to the McDonald's who we have known for years but Aiden hasn't spent much time with them. When there was a break in the conversation, he said, "My Aunt Ashie is going to have two babies at one time!" He tells this to people all the time and has the cutest grin on his face. I can't wait for the babies but I know that they will have wonderful cousins to help them along! We love you Jadyn, Carter and Aiden!
Until next time...
~Shane and Ashley

2 comments:

Heather said...

Your pictures are so neat. I hope you are still feeling well!! You are right Jadyn and Carter will be good cousins!!

Brooke said...

Congrats on a great doctor's appointment. I am so happy things are going well for you. Keep up the good work!! EAT. EAT, EAT and EAT for those babies!!! I remember from week 25 on I had to drink an Ensure every morning becuase I was already feeling like I did not have enough room for all the food I needed to eat. It worked, 34 weekers and over 4lbs each!